Lautex panel ceilings are closed ceiling structures with the airspace above the suspended ceiling totally encapsulated. Ventilation is arranged through air conditioning panels or by sufficient perforation of the flange of the panel. Ceilings in fire resistance class C are made of aluminium or steel. Panel ceilings in the more demanding classes B-0 and B-15 are always made of steel and filled with fire-resistant wool. Panel ceilings can be used in all parts of the ship, but are most commonly used in cabins, cabin corridors, storage rooms, offices and as part of the ceilings in public spaces.
The features of panel ceilings:
- Panel widths 50–300 mm
- Made of aluminium or steel
- Certified in fire resistance classes C, B-0 and B-15
- The panels can be perforated for acoustic or air conditioning purposes
- Acoustic filling by felt or wool encapsulated in plastic
- Fire ceilings are filled with fire resistant wool
- Suspension systems, edge mouldings, lighting fixtures and service hatches are available for all panel types (look at the product pages, page 2).
- Panel ceilings can be painted in colours according to all well-knowncolour charts.
- Alternative surface treatment methods include anodising or graining.
- The ceilings are dust proof and easy to clean.
- Custom solutions are also possible.